5. CORSAIR K95 RGB PLATINUM Mechanical Gaming Keyboard
Almost everything about the Corsair K95 RGB gaming keyboard is great. From the texture of the keys, to the simple yet elegant design, to the build quality. Of course, that is to be expected when paying approx $150 for a keyboard.
If you are looking for a sturdy, quality feeling mechanical keyboard then the Corsair K95 is for you. There are barely any complaints from previous buyers about this keyboard besides that it is a bit loud, which is generally expected when buying a mechanical keyboard. Don’t let that put you off from this gem.
- Fantastic build quality
- Keys feel smooth
- Easy to clean
- Software that comes with it takes some time to understand
4. Redragon K552 RED LED Backlit Mechanical Gaming Keyboard
The Redragon K552 comes as a black or white gaming keyboard. It’s an amazingly small keyboard that comes at a very good price. In terms of quality it’s also on par with other large brands which makes this keyboard a no brainer for anyone who likes simple or specifically wants a white gaming keyboard.
Skip Starbucks for a few days and buy yourself the Redragon K552, that’s how cheap it is. For this price you get a keyboard that feels like a $200 keyboard. It’s heavy and doesn’t slide around and the keys feel nice (though they might be a knock off of the Cherry MX keys). An amazing buy for any budget gamers that want the full experience.
- Minimalist look
- Available in Black or White
- Mechanical keyboard for less than $40
- Switches might be a knockoff but still function good
3. Razer BlackWidow Elite: Esports Gaming Keyboard
Choose between Green, Yellow, or Orange switches with the Razer BlackWidow Elite. This Esports gaming keyboard is designed for competitive gaming as the name suggests. Whether you like competitive FPS games or Battle Royale, this keyboard is ideal for you.
Every single key is customizable on this keyboard, whether it’s the color, keybinding, or macro. The only let down is once again the software. Razer’s software is great once you know it, but it takes some time to understand it.
- Designed for competitive gaming
- Durable and built to last
- Difficult to use software
2. Redragon K556 RGB LED Backlit Wired Mechanical Gaming Keyboard
Redragon is really scoring points with the K556. The K556 is an affordable gaming keyboard that’s mechanical and comes with either blue switches or brown switches. Not only that, if you want brown switches you can choose between regular squared keys or you can be a bit more daring and go for round keys.
Redragon keyboards are known to be sturdy and for less than $60 you can’t go wrong. The only way this keyboard could be improved is by adding a detachable cable, but if you are just leaving it in one place then it won’t matter or bother you that much.
- Comes with key/switch remover
- Sturdy and high build quality
- Affordable mechanical keyboard
- Non detachable cable
1. CORSAIR K70 RGB MK.2 Mechanical Gaming Keyboard
The best gaming keyboard of 2020 is non other than the Corsair K70 MK 2 Mechanical gaming keyboard. This keyboard will make your gaming experience so much better due to it sensitivity. If you’re a heavy typer then perhaps this is not for you but those with light fingers will definitely enjoy the speed at which the Corsair K70 MK 2 registers the keystroke.
The MK 2 has Cherry MX Red keys which are quieter than the others. However, they are still louder than a typical keyboard so be sure your environment allows for some clicking sounds.
- Super sensitive, great for light handed fingers
- Detachable wrist rest
- Fairly compact in size
- Great software
- Super sensitive, not so great for heavy fingers